1. Trouble shooting the Firmware Update procedure.
1) Perform a Promote Control hardware reset.
- Unplug all cables
- Turn the Promote Control power ON.
- Remove the small rubber plug on the back.
- Insert a paperclip in the hole and press the reset button.
- You will know you did it correctly because it will shut off the Promote Control.
- Replace the reset plug.
- Restart the Promote Control.
2) Next uninstall the firmware updater application, reboot your computer and then reinstall it.
3) Now WITHOUT starting the firmware application plug in the Promote Control while holding Mode button. - Once attached release the Mode button. Do you see a driver installation message?
4) If no error messages appear start the application and update the firmware.
5) If you still are having difficulty you can send your Promote Control to us we will update the firmware for free and charge only for shipping the unit back to you.
If you like I will send you a PayPal invoice to cover shipping ($10.00).
Attn: RMA/Firmware Update
5252 Westchester St. Suite 114
Houston, TX 77005