1. Liquid Crystal Display with color backlight.
2. Power button. Press to turn on the Promote Control, then press briefly to toggle display backlight on and off. Press and hold to pause currently active image sequence, or if no sequence is active, turn off the Promote Control.
3. Mode button. Press to cycle through available modes. Hold "Left" navigation button to cycle mode list in reverse direction.
4. Focus button. Requires an optional shutter cable to function. Press and hold to pre-focus the camera lens on the subject.
5. Start button. Press to activate the selected photography sequence.
6. Four-way navigation keypad with center button. Navigates through available settings. Left / Right: switch the current setting. Up / Down: change the current setting value. Center button: confirm the change. Press Left and Right at the same time to enter Setup Menu (see Setup Menu section for details).
1. Reset button. Sealed with a rubber cover to protect from water and dust.
2. Battery compartment thumb screw lock. Use a coin to lock/unlock.