Certain camera models support custom functions that help you set up the camera to suit your shooting conditions. Meta35 provides a simple, easy-to-use way to customize your camera settings. The following cameras support custom settings modification by Meta35:
-Nikon F5, F100, N90, N90s
-Canon EOS-1V NOTE: Nikon F6 supports custom functions, but they can only be modified using controls on the camera body.
To customize your camera custom settings:
- Connect your camera using Meta35 adapter to your computer as described in the First Steps When working with Canon EOS-1V, don't forget to use M.Fn button to put the camera into the PC mode before proceeding.
- Click "Camera Setup" button on the top right. Meta35 will attempt to connect your camera and load the existing set of custom settings.
- Choose a setting group on the left. The settings are functionally grouped together to facilitate quick access to similar camera functions. You can also use “All Functions” group to list all settings in alphabetical order.
- Choose a setting, then select a desired setting on the right.
- Certain camera settings (such as shooting data recording level) cannot be altered when there is film data in the camera. To change these settings, import your shooting data first, confirm deletion of the shooting data in your camera, then try changing those settings again.
- If you would like to erase your changes, click “Import from Camera” button. This will overwrite your changes with settings currently in your camera.
- When all settings are set, click "Export to Camera" to save your settings to your camera.
You can also create multiple setting presets for each camera type in Meta35. A preset contains all settings for the camera and can be loaded at any moment, allowing you to quickly switch your camera between different shooting conditions. Use "Load Preset" and "Save Preset" button to load and save your current settings as a preset. Clicking "Load Preset" will also allow you to load a factory default set of settings your camera shipped with.
NOTE: if Meta35 cannot detect a connected camera when "Camera Setup" button is clicked, you will only be able to work with presets. In such case simply choose a camera model to manage its presets, then proceed as described above. If at any time you need to work with an actual camera, close "Camera Setup" window (saving your work as a preset if desired), connect your camera and turn it on, the click "Camera Setup" button again.